Whether it’s under water on the Great Barrier Reef, in the depths of a tropical rainforest, on top of a bridge, or floating high above rolling hills in a hot air balloon – for the wedding, honeymoon or romantic holiday of a lifetime, Queensland is Where Australia Shines.
Loved up couples are guaranteed sensational beaches and islands, remarkable rainforests, spectacular wildlife, divine diving and a sublime sunny climate – with world-class luxury retreats and plenty of memorable activities to keep both parties occupied.
And for that special holiday for two, check out our top 10
romantic honeymoons in Queensland
Below are a few suggestions to get you started on ways to enjoy time with your loved one in romantic Queensland.
- Take in the beauty of the iconic Heart Reef from a scenic plane tour over the stunning Whitsunday Islands
- Pamper yourselves in Palm Cove, Australia’s Spa capital, for the ultimate in revitalising tropical spa sessions
- Dine al fresco for aphrodisiacs aplenty; whether it’s sumptuous local produce, a stunning backdrop or the feel of sand between your toes
- Escape to an Island of the Great Barrier Reef complete with pristine beaches, amazing snorkelling and stunning sunsets
- Let the sounds of the rainforest lull you both to sleep from your tropical rainforest retreat
- Armed with a gourmet hamper, be whisked away for a romantic rendezvous on a deserted beach for two
- Romance peaks when you discover the mountain retreats of the Gold and Sunshine Coast Hinterlands
- Feel your heart beat faster as you scale new heights in a hot air balloon over waterfalls, lakes and Queensland countryside
- Lie back and gaze at the stars lighting up the sky as far as the eye can see in Queensland’s Outback
- For a dash of adrenalin with your romance get adventurous, try sky-diving, bungee jumping, diving, surfing and more